Institute of Modern Art
- Judith Wright Arts Centre
- 420 Brunswick Street
- Fortitude Valley
- Brisbane QLD 4006
- The gallery is closed during exhibition changeovers, on public holidays, Easter weekend, and over the Christmas/New Year break.
- Admission to IMA exhibitions is always free.
- Mailing AddressPO Box 2176 Fortitude Valley BC, QLD, 4006
- From Friday 17 December 2021 anyone who enters the IMA must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in line with Government mandated vaccination requirements.
- Prior to visiting we recommend downloading the Check In Qld app and linking your proof of vaccination. Checking in via the Check In Qld app is mandatory for contact tracing purposes.
- If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or are feeling unwell, please stay home.
- The gallery entrance is on the ground floor of the Judith Wright Arts Centre, on Berwick Street. IMA Belltower can be accessed via the elevator from the ground floor or via the Judith Wright Arts Centre foyer.
- There is wheelchair access and an accessible toilet with baby changing facilities also located on the ground floor and we welcome guide and support dogs.
- Find out more about the accessibility of our facilities and program Download Word Doc, Download PDF
- The staff at reception are happy to answer any questions you may have on the exhibition and access. Call us on (07) 3252 5750.
We welcome visits from high schools, university classes and community groups. Contact email@example.com for more information and to book a guided tour tailored to your group’s needs.
The IMA operates a CCTV system in its public spaces to monitor safety and prevent crime. These recordings are captured under the provisions of the Right to Information Act 2009 and the Information Privacy Act 2009. Requests to access IMA CCTV recordings must be approved by the IMA Executive Director.
- The 199, 196 and 195 buses stop directly outside the Judith Wright Arts Centre, and the IMA is just a five-minute walk from Fortitude Valley train station.
- Visit the Translink Website for more information.
- The closest parking is at Secure Parking 388 Brunswick St (entry via Berwick St). $14 night and weekend parking with the code 'IMA21', 20% off hourly Secure-a-Spot with code 'IMAWDAY'. Redeem promo code on review booking page: book here