Artforum- November 2023
Artforum – November 2023
In this issue:
- The Rake and The Furrow: The art of Sam Gilliam
- Her Dark Materials: Remedios Varo
- ON REARRANGEMENT: ‘You Belong Here: Place, People, and Purpose in Latinx Photography”
- Grand Designs: The Art of Fereydoun Ave
- USEFUL FICTIONS: The art of Christopher Kulendran Thomas
Cover: Sam Gilliam, Foggy (detail), 2021, acrylic, aluminum granules, copper chop, sawdust, flocking, encaustic, and paper collage on canvas, 96 × 96 × 4″.
Since 1962, Artforum has been the defining voice in contemporary art. Artforum’s specially commissioned artist projects, reviews, and essays on film, music, architecture, media, and more lend a unique perspective to the fine arts and to popular culture at large.